Welcome Serafim's World

Hi! Welcome to my blog! Enjoy!

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Day 3 Of Canberra

We woke up in the morning, like what everyone does, and we did our usual stuff that we always do in the morning. We also watched TV. Then we set off and went to the Parliament house..

We arrived at the Parliament house and took a few photos and then we went inside. We waited for the 10:00 am public tour. Then the tour FINALLY started and then the tour guide talked for SO LONG she talked in the same area for 15 minutes.. she stood at the same spot and talked for 15 minutes and WE didn't even sit down! Anyway, it was a really good tour because we went to the House Of Representitives, and I mean THE House of Representitives.. where Tony Abbott and stuff talks and those things. It was a really cool building and I enjoyed it. If you want to know more about Australia's Parliament House, click here!

Secondly, we went to Questacon, a HUGE science exhibition. If you want more information about Questacon, then click here to go to the official Questacon website. Okay. So its not any old exhibitions with tour guides talking everywhere and just people giving information, there are HEAPS, and I mean HEAPS of hands-on activities about science. It was SO SO SO SO SO cool. There were so many things to see and do. There were also rooms called "galleries" and each gallery has their own "topic" or something. The coolest gallery for me was AWESOME EARTH because there was an earthquake house, where we're in a pretend house and you can feel an earthquake, and also they had ACTUAL LIGHTNING! It was so cool! There was also this gravity slide thingy it was SO STEEP I DIDNT WANT TO GO ON IT! Well first, my mum brought me there and I was scared, at first I didn't want to do it anyway. Then I just lined up and used the special suit and yeah. When I was at the top, there were 4 other people. The girl who was going next was absolutely terrified (well thats what she told me), but she went down. Then there was only 4 people, including me. NO ONE wanted to slide down... We kept on in siting each other to go but no one wanted to. Even though I was scared, I volunteered I was already hanging from the bar thing but I wouldn't let go.. ITS SO SCARY!!!!!!!!!! So anyway I went back up and after that none of us out of the four went down the slide. I know I'm usually not scared of stuff like that but THERE WERE NO SEATBELTS or SAFETY HARNESSES!!! They guy said it was absolutely safe but I heard that a guy hit his head and hurt himself.....(?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!). Oh yeah and we also watched some 'presentations'. The first one was about food science and the other was about insects. They were both good but I enjoyed the food science one probably because the lady who was presenting sprayed peoples tongues blue (blue food dye) including me, well people got to choose if they want to get their tongue sprayed blue or not. The insect one was alright but it seemed a bit... well... kiddish. NO OFFENCE!!! NO OFFENCE!!! NO OFFENCE TO QUESTACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment