Welcome Serafim's World

Hi! Welcome to my blog! Enjoy!

Friday 23 January 2015

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Special Edition; BA DUM TSSS)

**I guess if you read this with a news-reporter voice, its funnier....

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. You might have heard of it, you might have not. If you have never heard of it, well, I'm going to explain it on this very post.
The Lord of the Rings is a series that consists of 3 books. The first book is The Fellowship of the Ring. The second one is The Two Towers with The Return of the King as the last book of the trilogy. J. R. R Tolkien wrote 3 of these books in 1954-1955. Incredibly, he wrote all 3 books in just approximately 1 and a half years, which for Rick Riordan, is only enough time to publish one book and start writing the next one....well...that's my theory...

In 2001, Peter Jackson made an adaption of The Fellowship of the Ring. If you don't know why I said  adaption instead of movie, its because it's probably not so accurate. But to be less complicated, people say it's a movie....well, it is a movie technically. The movie/adaption is approximately 228 minutes including the credits. And if you'd like to watch it, you can either buy a legal DVD for approximately $15, download it illegally for free or watch it on an illegal online website such as Megashare.

In 2002, Peter Jackson made an adaption of The Two Towers. This movie/adaption is a little longer than The Fellowship of the Ring by approximately 7 minutes of our precious little lives. See what I did there, BA DUM TSSS... precious. The Two Towers pretty much consists of the same actors and actresses such as Dumbledore as Gandalf...and I said THAT because Dumbledore reminds me of Gandalf. Now let's not go off "fandom". And if you'd like to know who plays Gandalf, its Ian McKellen. Search him up, and you'll see a lot of pictures of him and of Gandalf as him...or at least him as Gandalf.

In 2003, when I was born, Peter Jackson again made an adaption of The Return of the King, which is basically Aragorn aka. The Strider returns to Gondor and becomes King...well you can say it's a bit like that. The movie/adaption is approximately 251 minutes which is even more than the previous two movies combined, without the previous two movies combined. BA DUM TSS... And with all the OTPs, they all begin smooching and smooching...for example, Aragorn and Arwen and Sam(wise) and his new wife whatever her name might be.... and because I have spoilt this for you, when you watch it, prepare to shut your eyes as tight as they can close. I didn't see it on purpose, and I wouldn't because why would I stare at people kissing? Well, I saw it accidentally and my parents said CLOSE THOSE LARGE EYES OF YOURS YOU LITTLE BANANA....well it didn't go quite like that but they told me to look away and I certainly did.

You may have noticed I didn't mention Frodo in any of these statements. Well, thats because he's Elijah Wood......no no, not because of that. It's because I just didn't.

So thank you very much for reading and enjoy the rest of my blog, BYE ....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Serafim! It was a very nice synopsis. I enjoy reading yours as much as I enjoy watching the movies.

    ReplyDelete