Welcome Serafim's World

Hi! Welcome to my blog! Enjoy!

Thursday 19 March 2015

My Braces

This Friday I went to Makassar to get braces! I didn’t go with my parents but I went with my older cousin. From Surabaya to Makassar, we flew with Garuda Indonesia at night. It was a pretty good flight and I also got a Javanese Rhino plush. Its really soft and its so cute! Anyway, on Friday night, my uncle’s friend picked us up from the airport and went to my uncle’s clinic. Then I met my uncle and his assistants and then we went to my uncle’s house. His house is only one level but it’s actually pretty big. Oh and I’ll tell you what’s weird… he’s got a big bedroom all to himself and he sets his air conditioner to 17 degrees Celsius… weird, I know. When I sleep with my family, it’s a pretty small room and the air conditioner is only 23 degrees… and there’s 4 people, my brother, my dad, my mum and me! Compare that! Okay lets stick to the topic…

On the second day of being in Makassar, I went to my uncle’s clinic and I met my uncle’s other assistants. Then my uncle’s assistants checked my cousin’s teeth and braces first. When he was done, it was my turn. I was pretty scared because I thought that they were gonna pull out my teeth… and they were suppose to pull out 4 of my teeth. But then they didn’t and that’s because I might’ve been too young or something so they put the braces right away! While they were putting it on, it didn’t really hurt actually. But the thing that did hurt was the suction thingy magic. It pretty much sucks your saliva since you have to open your mouth for a while.. it kinda stung. Something that also hurt was this thing that gave purple light… it felt like a light bulb in my mouth, it was really hot and it stung!! My uncle’s assistant said “Is it hot?” in Indonesian and I said “Yea”… actually it wasn’t just hot, it felt like it was burning!! But I didn’t want to make them worried or anything so I kept silent. Once it was done… well it only hurt a bit so I thought it was fine, but NOW, IT HURTS SO BADLY!! The good thing is that they gave this kind of medicine to prevent the pain temporarily. It’s a little bit bitter but its fine.

Since I’ve got braces, I can’t eat properly for a few days… I can only eat soft things like porridge or soup or (really soft) noodles… That’s all I’ve eaten so far… and also fried rice but it took me a long while to eat. I have also tried eating chocolate pudding. It feels good to be able to bite something soft, why? Because all the things I have listed other than pudding, I have to swallow without chewing. It’s pretty uncomfortable but I can manage it.

2 comments:

  1. You look cool with the braces!! I am proud of you can survive adapting with it. It's not easy I guess! Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people feel scared about visiting a dentist because of thought of their tooth being pulled. Good thing you didn’t have anything to fear for anyway, as your verdict were merely braces recommendation. You must be relieved to hear that none of your teeth have to be pulled out. I hope you’re faring well those braces. The first few weeks are truly the hardest. Though I have to say, enduring its pain is better having your tooth pull out. Haha!

    Milton Wilson @ A Plus Family Dentistry

    ReplyDelete